Batanes Islands, not just a Typhoon Destination

My paternal grandfather is from this island, a place known for its stone houses and its incessant typhoons. It is also known for its people, whose daily lives are still lived in pure simplicity and honesty. Although Philippines is said to be one of the most corrupt countries in Asia, this island proves that there are places in the Philippines where people are pure, honest, and trustworthy. There is a store in Batanes and if I still remember it right, the name is Honesty, where the owner leaves the store unmanned, the items are left there and there was just a basket where the buyers would leave their payment. And it is said that it is a very rare instance when they can find a discrepancy between their stock items and the payment. One can just wish this kind of honesty from people in the city. It is said that the crime rate in this place is very very low, almost close to zero. It makes you wonder if crimes are directly proportional to modernization.

My father visited us this December and I showed him my post (from my other blog) about this island of his forefathers, and he asked if I can still find some more pictures of Batanes on the internet. I have written about this island before in my other blog, but when I saw these pictures from Parc Cruz in flickr with my father I know I have to share this fabulous place to the world, even just thru photos. Batanes’ scenic views and untouched natural beauty is very evident in these photos, the tranquility and peacefulness of the island can be felt by anyone who has eyes to see. Even if my father has not gone back to this island for years now, I can still feel the longing and the soft spot he has for this place while he looks at the pictures of Batanes Island from the photos we found on the net. Today, Batanes is becoming more and more a tourist destination, an extraordinary place for travel and vacation. It is also fast becoming a must-go place from both local and foreign photographers. Here are some fabulous pictures from Parc Cruz.

Google